For the past 10 days, if I'm counting correctly, I've been visited by a number of students who were all quite eager to share a story, or a bunch of overlapping stories, with me. For the most part, I felt like I just stood as a sounding board as I simply sat there and listened earnestly to their concerns. Of course, being the blabber mouth that I am, I couldn't help but try to squeeze in some of my thoughts into the conversation.
The questions have been varied.... from something so seemingly trivial such as losing a cellphone, to more pressing concerns such as transferring to another school or a new guardian, and ultuimately to something more thought-provoking such as questions about morals, identity and even the value of life itself.
I pretend to know and have all the answers, but the plain and simple fact remains that I, too, am but a pilgrim. We all seek the same things... As today's visitor admitted to me upon prodding, "Miss, aren't we all wanting the same thing?" I asked, "What's that?"
"Happiness."
I had to ask.... I knew the answer but I wanted him to verbalize it... I wanted him to admit it. He simlpy wants to be happy. Don't we all?
It seems easy enough of a word to understand, right? How come for most people it's just so darn hard to find?
No comments:
Post a Comment